Saturday, December 06, 2008

"Chimera and Qi" in Good Company

tinaconnolly and carolineyoachim pointed me over to Last Short Story's list of their 2008 Year's Best where my dysfunctional little piece somehow ended up rubbing elbows with stories by the likes of Kelly Link, Maureen McHugh, Stephen King, and too many other lovely writers to mention.  Color me baffled but pleased.

I never quite got around to posting about LSS's initial write-ups here:

"Chimera and Qi, by Tinatsu Wallace, from the latest Shimmer, is a very nicely written story of a woman whose marriage is in trouble, and whose family is trouble too. It's fantastical in nature, but the emotions at the heart of it feel utterly real and tender. Highly recommended, and particularly impressive as it's the author's first publication."

and here:

"Tinatsu Wallace, "Chimera and Qi" Shimmer Spring- on the surface, a woman returns to her mother's house because she thinks her marriage is over. But there is a darker story under the surface, a story of claws and blood... this one was a lovely juxtaposition of the painfully real and the surreal."

I suppose I should get around to finishing another story or two.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Shawn Scarber Deggans said...

Yes you should.

Dec 7, 2008, 5:54:00 AM  
Blogger ChristmasPie747 said...

hiya Tinatsu, I've been following ur blog for nearly 2 years now. Love your writing! U haven't been writing for probably about 9 months! would love to read your updates and really looking forward to your 2nd publishing.
Hving to say that, I couldn't still get through the payment for your first writing! But I'll keep trying! I can't wait to read what you've written!
the preview sounded interesting!
Where did u graduate from by the way?

Dec 17, 2008, 9:23:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home