Saturday, December 29, 2007

On the Move

So, we're moving again. Back to California. Due to the fluctuation of the Canadian dollar in relation to the US dollar and the fact that all the visual effects work is headed back south, we are heading south too.

We got an apartment in the building in Pasadena we moved out of two years ago. I loved it there so all is good. We'll be renting the unit directly below our old apartment, which is a relief because I know the apartment layout and everything already.

The actual moving part will happen the second week of January. Right now we're in the packing and organizing phase. Yay, packing.

I will be sad to be moving away from Washington. I'll miss my little garden and having a house and the relative lack of traffic on the roads. Pixel will miss having a whole yard full of grass to eat and geese to watch out the window.

I feel like the past two years have been something of a detour from my nicely planned life and that I'm now returning to the main road. Or maybe it's something more akin to the Hero's Journey, and now that I've faced my challenges and battled through, I get to return home now, somewhat wiser than when I left.

3 Comments:

Blogger Splinister said...

Best of luck with the move back to LA!

Dec 31, 2007, 10:57:00 AM  
Blogger tinatsu said...

Thanks, Maura! Stop by any time. ;-)

Dec 31, 2007, 7:01:00 PM  
Blogger ChristmasPie747 said...

Heyyy Tina, I think u should write something about your life! I love your writing! I've read your latest writing in Shimmerzine! Amazing! In fact!

I'm not quite sure how I was feeling towards the story, but I really pity Rei & her condition. At the same time, I felt that Jeremy's feeling very heavy at heart. Even as much as Jeremy wants to be separated, I think his heart is aching and so is Rei.

Why isn't Rei speaking? Why isn't Rei talking? Why does she not want to speak? I really feel for her.

Ahhh.. I wonder if there's such thing called unconditional love in this world? Would Jeremy even stayed on?

Tears shed when I read the story. I feel it's as if relating to something in real life.

Imagine even if it's not anything as bad as what Rei is facing, what about maybe a lady being depressed or perhaps on medication... how would the partner be seeing it, aye?

Sometimes, I believe that communication is a very strong key in a relationship, isn't it?

How I admire that you and your husband have been together for 10 years! And still celebrate it! That's so sweet!

I can't quite describe that feeling. LOL! Maybe you won't even have any emotions to what you've written, but really Tina, you're such a great writer!

Go go, Tina! You're wonderful!

I don't know why my heart felt so heavy after reading your writing. But whatever that maybe, Tina ~ You're great!

x'masie pie

Dec 20, 2008, 8:03:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home