Wednesday, August 09, 2006

I wasn't scared. Really.

The prospect of not being able to write post-Clarion didn't bother me at all. Mostly because I stuffed the fear so deep inside my subconsciousness that it only manifested in nightmares that kept me from sleeping much the past few days, thus freeing up many hours to write. (Why does that sound familiar...? I really need to break this whole insomnia-fuelled writing cycle.) But having now completed a revision of my Week 2 story, I feel compelled to report an incredible feeling of relief. I wrote a whole new ending--and while I don't like it all that well, I did manage to spill new words, sentences, even complete paragraphs onto the page. Ah...

Now if I can just do that with a totally new story. Um, yeah, maybe after I sleep for a few more days.

What I'm reading: "White Fang Goes Dingo," Thomas Disch

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's nothing wrong with an insomnia-fuelled writing cycle...at least you're getting work done :) I myself have settled into a coffee-fuelled writing cycle, which I'm hoping will result in a revised draft sometime soon!

Aug 9, 2006, 10:11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home