Friday, September 29, 2006

Simmer Slowly

I was at Farrell's Ice Cream Parlour recently, and on their menu it says, "No matter how long it takes, our service is fast!"

I'm not entirely sure what this means, but it seemed somehow relevant when I was thinking about how slowly the writing process goes at times. Yeah, okay--all the time. Some things just can't be rushed. At least for me.

I bring this up because I thought I was going to have a story done today, ahead of my self-imposed deadline. But as I was struggling through the last scene, it suddenly occurred to me what the story was really about and what I needed to do to fix it. Which in this case necessitates rewriting from top to bottom. *sigh* Still, better than being stuck with crap.

Back to drafting...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home