Friday, February 16, 2007

Chocolate and Roses

Funnily enough, this post has nothing to do with Valentine's Day, but rather with my new favorite dessert. I discovered a new ice cream at Gelson's the other day: Zambeedo's Creme de Rose. It isn't a super creamy ice cream, but it has a nice, delicate taste that reminds me of a lovely rose-petal tea. I tried it with some brownies I baked last night (on the theory that it can't really be a great dessert if it doesn't go well with chocolate). At first the chocolate was overpowering the taste of the rose, but once the ice cream melted a little and soaked into the brownie--yum.

Zambeedo's also makes a Creme de Chai ice cream that I would love to try, but they don't seem to carry it at my Gelson's. I'll have to go search for it. Incidentally, Brad saw an Indian curry ice cream up in Vancouver that sounds intriguing, as well.

2 Comments:

Blogger gordsellar said...

It was a curry gelato, wasn't it, at that crazy place that has 500 flavours or whatever?

(Then again, what the hell is the difference between ice cream and gelato? Wait... don't tell me. I'll check wikipedia.)

I tasted about 20 when I visitedthat crazy place, but some were just plain WRONG.

Creme de chai would be good, and creme de rose sounds okay too, though.

Feb 16, 2007, 2:38:00 AM  
Blogger tinatsu said...

Gord, I think he saw an actual curry ice cream at the grocery store. I looked online and saw a couple different brands of such a thing. I doubt if I could get him to try some as a taste test for me, though.

Shawn, I'm not sure what that explains--there are certainly worse things little kids have been known to eat. Although for a Texan, that does sound like a remarkably odd choice...

Feb 16, 2007, 8:39:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home