Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Draft done?

"Done" is such a weird word. Technically, I could say I've finished a draft. There's a beginning, middle, and ending to the story. But I'm not quite done fiddling with it. Things are still quite a mess, a result of the slapdash method of writing I employed for this particular piece at the beginning, rather than my usual meticulous planning. So I've still got a little bit of hammering to do to get the pieces to fit. Hammering and sewing. But all the pieces are there, I hope. Maybe that means I'm "revising," rather than "writing." At least, I'd like to think so.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Ben is right--the first post-Clarion draft is the toughest. Took me until December 31 to finish mine (and it sucked--it's buried on the hard drive, protected by a password). It's been much easier since then.

--David S.

Jan 9, 2007, 5:43:00 PM  
Blogger tinatsu said...

Oh, yeah, you have a new story up. I guess I have some critting to do...

Jan 9, 2007, 6:21:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home