Saturday, March 17, 2007

Buttercup, Babies, and Broadvoice

Haven't had much time lately to post any updates because...

1.) I bought a car. It's my very first car. I got tired of having to commute on the buses up to my dad's house everyday; it was taking over an hour each way, often close to an hour and a half, which meant three hours out of my day spent commuting. And it's only ten miles away. So I decided that in the interest of having time to do other things, like write, I should conquer my phobia about driving and get a car. I feel like I've crossed over to the Dark Side, especially with gas prices being over $3/gallon now.

I got a 2004 Chevy Aveo, as it was the smallest car I could find. I named her Buttercup. She looks something like this:



2.) I've had visitors. Brad came down for two weeks to recuperate from working on Blades of Glory. He went back up to Vancouver on Thursday. And my brother, sister-in-law, and niece were also staying with us for a few days, so it was a bit crowded.

3.) I've been wasting a lot of time researching WiFi VoIP phones. In an effort to reduce our cellphone bills, we were looking into getting Brad a WiFi phone to use in Vancouver so he can call me and his family in WV. We've had Vonage for awhile now at home, but he wanted a WiFi phone he could use both at work and at his apartment. Since Vonage customer support was less than helpful in figuring out how to make this all work with our existing account and Brad didn't want to get a phone that was locked to Vonage anyway, he signed up for Broadvoice instead and got a dual cell/VoIP phone through eBay. Unfortunately, his phone doesn't actually work the way we need it to for reasons too technical for me to even describe. I had to order him a new phone today. Once that arrives, I will set it up here and mail it to him. Trying to wrap my head around all these different protocols has made my brain hurt. I hope Broadvoice works decently after all this.

4.) I've been doing lots of writing. Not. I will attempt to remedy that this weekend, now that I've caught up on all the episodes of Heroes. Brad made me watch the first episode last weekend, which meant that I spent a few hours every day for the past week watching the rest. I'm out of episodes now, so theoretically I can get some work done.

But I need a nap first.

4 Comments:

Blogger Tina Connolly said...

she's cute!

Mar 20, 2007, 10:21:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoy the driving. It took me until I was 30 to start, but I love it now. It's especially fun if you've got some nice country or mountain roads to hurtle round - you can't beat hairpin bends and 1 in 4 inclines.

Mar 20, 2007, 1:19:00 PM  
Blogger tinatsu said...

Thanks, Tina!

Unfortunately no country roads around here to drive. Just miles of traffic.

Mar 20, 2007, 1:36:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

enjoy the drive. its a awesome car...

sip telephone service

Nov 23, 2012, 4:01:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home