Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Write-a-thon-A-Rama

To help raise money for Clarion West and to spur further writing productivity for myself this summer, I've signed up for their annual Write-a-thon.

What this means for me: I've set some goals to complete while Clarion West is in session this summer, from June 17 to July 27. While you can check out in-depth info on my Write-a-thon webpage, the gist is this: I do six stories in six weeks. (Those who know anything about my output while at CW last year know that this is an ambitious goal for me.) And I'm talking six completed, ready-to-drop-in-the-mail stories. Okay, yeah, so rewrites and flash count as well--I just want six stories ready to submit by the end of July.

What this means for you: I need money. More specifically, I need sponsors to pledge money for completing my goals, which then goes to support Clarion West. You can pledge a lump sum, say $5/$20/$50/$100, or a sum per story or whatever works for you. I'm flexible like that.

If you want to sponsor me [please please please], post a comment so all the world can marvel at your generosity. Or drop me an email (tinatsu at hotmail dot com), and I'll keep it all private-like.

Be forewarned:
Last year's limping progress notwithstanding, there's a fair chance I will actually get six stories out. I finished a new story today, a record three days after completing the previous one. (Yeah, yeah, so it was flash--still counts.)

On the other hand, my mom will be visiting for a week in the middle...

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll pledge a flat $50 (for the six weeks) if you're willing to name a character after me! ^^

Jun 8, 2007, 1:29:00 AM  
Blogger tinatsu said...

Thanks, Lime! Consider yourself Tuckerized.

(I hope you're sponsoring Gord too.) ;-)

Jun 8, 2007, 9:50:00 AM  
Blogger gordsellar said...

Yeah, she's sponsoring me for the same amount as she's sponsoring you. She's currently delighted at the idea of being Tuckerized.

Jun 9, 2007, 12:16:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home