Monday, July 23, 2007

Write-a-thon Final Update

OK, I'm done. As far as I'm concerned at least.

I don't have final drafts of 6 new stories, which is what I had originally hoped for. But I did bust through six stories, which is what I really needed to do, as opposed to spending months endlessly tweaking just one. So I am happy with what I've gotten done.

Part of this challenge for me was to test the limits of how much I could actually get done without going crazy. I passed over that threshold several days ago (as my family can testify), so it's time to call it quits.

Final tally: 3 revisions + 3 new story drafts.
Final wordcount: Just shy of 20,000

Since I technically didn't do what my original set of goals were, my sponsors can use their discretion as to how much or whether they want to donate. But I encourage everyone to donate anyway, because Clarion West was a valuable experience for me and other writers I know and continues to be an important part of what's helping me become the writer I want to be. I hope that other writers can continue to share that experience through the workshop, so please support Clarion West.

2 Comments:

Blogger Caroline M. Yoachim said...

Woo hoo! Yay for cranking out 6 stories :)

Jul 23, 2007, 10:39:00 PM  
Blogger tinatsu said...

Thanks! I'm happy too. Now I can shift my focus away from getting them done to making them good. Or at least, not suck as much.

Jul 24, 2007, 2:09:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home