Saturday, June 30, 2007

Write-a-thon Week 2 Update

Despite working steadily throughout the week, I am a little behind where I had hoped to be.

The good news: I finished revising "Baby Food and Absolution." I need to proofread it and see if I can cut yet another 500 words to bring the word count under 5k, but I am calling it effectively done. Which means I am 1/6 of the way through my goal of 6 finished stories.

The half-way decent news: I reoutlined my Week 5 story yesterday and hope to redraft tomorrow. I don't think it needs as much new writing as the last one; mostly I think scenes needs reshuffled and bits tweaked to more clearly define the conflict. It's a significantly shorter story too at 2000 words, so I really hope I can get it done tomorrow or Monday. The revision slated for after that is also super-short, so if I can get two stories done this week, I'll be back to needing to finish a story per week.

The "not so great for productivity" news: My mom and stepdaughter are both invading the house in the next few days, so I'll have to balance my obligations to entertain them while also getting work done.

NEXT TIME: Will Tina finish redrafting her stories? Or will familial-induced guilt keep her from the keyboard? Stay tuned...

Oh, and the reason that I am not writing today is that Brad and I are celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary. Go us!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Caroline M. Yoachim said...

Wow, 10 years! Major congrats :)

Jul 1, 2007, 3:23:00 PM  
Blogger tinatsu said...

Thanks!

Jul 1, 2007, 5:20:00 PM  
Blogger Ben said...

Wow, you finished revising Baby-Food! Also fairly major congrats. :)

Jul 2, 2007, 12:06:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home