Thursday, June 14, 2007

Garden, Planted


I dug up a corner of the yard for my experiment in gardening. (This actually happened two weeks ago; I'm slow and lazy about posting, I know.) Once I pulled up the grass, I discovered that there was nothing but sand underneath. I mixed in some topsoil, but we'll see how things grow. I also have a planter of herbs and one of lettuce.

Of the holy trinity of gardening--soil, sun, and water--I've done what I could about the soil, and I have the utmost confidence in receiving plenty of rain, but the last one... I don't know. They say it gets sunnier up here in July. But then, people also told me it never snows in Vancouver.

The good news, of course, is that weeding gardens is an excellent way to procrastinate on writing, better even than washing dishes because it comes with the extra excuse of getting fresh air. Grow, little weeds, grow!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger bradkali said...

Hello, Im jack and I have magic beans

Jun 15, 2007, 11:01:00 AM  
Blogger tinatsu said...

Beans!?!? Nah. Talk to when you have a singing harp and a golden egg-laying hen.

Jun 16, 2007, 1:01:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home