Friday, August 11, 2006

Crossed Stars and Cheap Pearls

My horosope for today said: "Your generous, nurturing spirit is in demand. Charge five cents for psychological advice and answers to life, and you should be a millionaire by sundown."

Woohoo, easy money, I thought. I've found my new career calling. I was all set to add a PayPal button to my site and let the nickels start pouring in. But then I noticed that PayPal's transaction fees, in addition to costing me a fraction of each nickel, would cost me an extra $.30 per transaction. So I'd end up paying a quarter and then some for every nickel I made. Even my not-so-astute business sense tells me this is not good. I guess PayPal's stars are not favorably aligned with mine.

I could charge more to offset the transaction fees but I don't think the market will bear it. You'll all have to live without my pearls of wisdom until I find another way to get my five cents for them--my spirit's not that generous.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home