Tuesday, October 24, 2006

More Vancouver, with pix

So the day after I posted about buying salwars from eShakti.com, we went to the Little India section of Vancouver. Three blocks of mostly clothing shops selling saris and salwars and all that. I bought another salwar kameez outfit from the place in the picture, after experiencing several minutes of sensory overload--too many choices. (I still like the styles on eShakti better, but it is nice to be able to look at the fabrics when you're buying.)

We also went to Queen Elizabeth Park and took some pictures. Beautiful sunshine, nice cool air. Great day.

On Sunday we headed over to the Space Center to hear Spider Robinson read from Variable Star. Spider is entertaining to listen to, and while the section of the book he read was mostly talking heads, the dialogue was rendered engagingly enough that I could almost forget that nothing was actually happening. I am hoping that there are action sequences at some point in the book. Not that I bought it. My to-read list is already too long.

All in all it's been a fun trip. (And right now it looks like I'll be coming back up here to work in two weeks. Yay--I think.)

Vancouver Pix

2 Comments:

Blogger gordsellar said...

what kind of job?

Oct 25, 2006, 8:45:00 AM  
Blogger tinatsu said...

My usual day job, visual effects compositing. I'm not sure what film yet.

Oct 25, 2006, 10:51:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home