Monday, August 21, 2006

Little Miss Sunshine and Bookstore Serendipity

I didn't see Snakes on a Plane this weekend. But never fear, I will see it soon. It's just that now that my brain is once again nearing pre-Clarion functionality, I am reluctant to turn it off, even for two hours.

I did see Little Miss Sunshine, which my brain was very happy to watch. (My brain prefers when it gets to see a movie too, instead of getting turned off and left in the car.) The movie was, by turns, dark and cute, funny and poignant. Worth movie theater prices.

On another note, I wandered up to Dutton's Books the other day after my failed attempt to find a walk-in manicure salon. (In L.A., "Walk-ins Welcome" means you are welcome to walk in and make an appointment for the next day.) Dutton's used to have two stores selling new and used books, but they have already closed one store and are in the process of selling off the books in the second. It's very sad, except that all of the books are 50-75% off. I picked up several books by authors I've been wanting to read, including the two books that were on the top of my "Find This Book" list: Little, Big by John Crowley and The Gospel of Corax by Paul Park. Yippee!

1 Comments:

Blogger gordsellar said...

Eyes the Gospel of Corax with envy...

Aug 22, 2006, 12:20:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home