Wednesday, November 01, 2006

My Life: The Soundtrack

I'm supposed to be packing so I can be ready for my 5am SuperShuttle pick-up and possibly sneak a couple hours of sleep before then so I won't be a complete zombie when I get to Austin (I am, after all, going to the World Fantasy Convention, not World Horror). Which makes this the perfect time to try out this meme I saw on Nick Mamatas' LJ a few weeks ago for creating the soundtrack to your life's movie. I figured I'd do it now and save the film editors some work.

The rules:
1. Open your library (iTunes, Winamp, Media Player, iPod, etc)
2. Put it on shuffle
3. Press play
4. For every question, type the song that's playing
5. When you go to a new question, press the next button
6. Don't lie and try to pretend you're cool...

Opening Credits:
Gold--Lamb (Huh. Didn't even remember I downloaded this album. Anyway, at least the movie gets off to a rollicking start.)

Waking Up:
Happy?--Judy & Mary (J-pop. Whee!)

First Day of School:
It's My Life--No Doubt

Falling in Love:
Harmony in Balance--Nawang Khechog

Fight Song:
City of Delusion--Muse

Breaking Up:
Water Shows the Hidden Heart--Enya

Prom:
Strange Liberation--Jeff Beal and Nawang Khechog (Apparently this is a prom/meditation retreat.)

Life is Good:
Stay With Me--The Mission UK

Mental Breakdown:
Cupid's Dead--Extreme

Driving:
So Like A Rose--Garbage

Flashback:
Feel the Same Way--Saigon Kick ("Feel the same way, for the rest of my life...")

Getting Back Together:
Polaroid Girl--Massive Attack

Wedding:
Stand Up--Trapt (!!)

Paying the Dues:
Last Dance--Sarah McLachlan (It's hard to know what the hidden meaning is when the song's instrumental. However, since paying one's dues is a process of slow and dreary slogging, this works.)

The Night Before the War:
Wasteland--The Mission UK (Appropriate.)

Final Battle:
Bleeder--Nothingface (Album Title: Violence)

Moment of Triumph:
Thank You--Alanis Morissette (A bittersweet triumph, I suppose. "Thank you disillusionment.")

Death Scene:
Starfuckers, Inc.--NIN (Apparently Hollywood is going to be my downfall.)

Funeral Song:
Song for Love--Extreme ("My love just died...")

End Credits:
Phoenix--The Cult (Nice. Setting up the sequel.)

Right. Well, thank God none of my really embarrassing stuff was on that list. And I don't know how random my mp3 player is since three artists showed up twice and yet dozens of other artists made no appearance whatsoever. Weird.

Okay, I guess I do need to pack now. Yay! Texas, here I come!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home